County officials approved renovations at the county health department to avoid possible violations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
The Attala County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved an action that will add an interior wall to better secure patient files during its meeting Monday morning. The county will add a wall, creating a 12 x 16 room at the request of the Mississippi Health Department, after the local office was informed of the possible violation last month. County officials expect the renovations to cost approximately $1,500.
The Attala County Health Department is located on Martin Luther King Drive.
County supervisors also agreed to a renovation project at Ability Works on W. Jefferson Street. The action will add a security wall at a cost of $549 to the county.
Other action taken by the supervisors included
• approval of a payment of $18,158.20 to Gardner Engineering;
• approval of a school bus turn-around at the Tammie Stubb estate;
• approval of a contract renewal totaling $2,500 with Code Red for the county emergency notification system;
• approved a 16th section transmission line easement with TVA;
• accepted the resignation of Matt Steed as resource officer at Attala County School District;
• approved a contract for the tax collector’s office for mailing out tag renewal notices.
The next scheduled meeting of the Attala County Board of Supervisors is set for April 3 at 9 a.m. in the Chancery Court Building.