Daiqhuin Tolar, a program assistant at the Oprah Winfrey Boys & Girls Club in Kosciusko, received his second domestic violence conviction in Kosciusko Municipal Court Tuesday morning.
Tolar had been previously convicted of domestic violence by the city on Oct. 10, 2017. Both incidents involved the same victim.
This second conviction results in a 10-day jail sentence, a $500 fine, plus the requirement to pay court costs.
Tolar told Judge L. Scott Pickle he wanted to serve his jail time on weekends since he was employed. Pickle inquired further, learning that Tolar was employed by the OWBGC.
Contacted by The Star-Herald Tuesday, Ricky Hood, acting club CEO, said he had just learned of Tolar’s convictions.
Hood said policy is to complete background checks on potential employees and then re-check employees annually.
Hood declined to discuss any action that the club might take against Tolar, but spoke in general terms of the situation and how the club would view it.
“That’s something that can’t be tolerated if he is working with the kids,” said Hood, who said he would be meeting with Tolar as soon as possible to discuss the situation.